Watford Rovers played at several grounds in the late 19th century, including Cassiobury Park, Vicarage Meadow and Market Street, Watford. In 1890, the team moved to a site on Cassio Road, and remained there for 32 years, before moving to Watford's current stadium at nearby Vicarage Road. The new stadium was initially owned by Benskins Brewery; the club rented the ground until 2001, when it purchased the freehold outright. However, the club's financial situation worsened following the purchase, and in 2002 Watford sold the ground for å£6 million in a deal which entitled Watford to buy the stadium back for å£7 million in future. Watford took up this option in 2004 using a campaign backed and funded by the fans called "Lets buy back the Vic".
Vicarage Road is a four-sided ground with a capacity of 21,977. The East Stand, part of which was constructed in 1922, was closed to the general public in 2008 for health and safety reasons, although it still hosted the dressing rooms and the matchday press area. In November 2013, the East Stand was demolished and in its place a new steel-framed, 3,500-seater stand was constructed. The stand opened fully on Boxing Day 2014 and was named The Elton John Stand after the club's long standing chairman. The Graham Taylor Stand (previously the Rous Stand), built in 1986, has two tiers and runs the length of the pitch, with the upper section containing the club's corporate hospitality.
This watercolour art print is hand crafted and digitally printed on acid free paper. It will look good for a long time.
The wall art print will not degrade, it will not turn yellow with time. Presented on a stylish contemporary fibreboard frame complete with a paper 800gsm thickness mount.
Enlighten your home, living room or bedroom with this fine watercolour print.
Frame size: 23cm x 23cm
Frame depth: 4.5cm